How To Fix Missing Photos In Camera Roll After Absinthe Jailbreak

Absinthe A5 Jailbreak Tool

Restore Missing Photos In Camera Roll After Absinthe Untethered Jailbreak – By the release of A5 Untethered Jailbreak, Absinthe, many iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users become so happy to liberate their A5-based devices. This jailbreak tool by Chronic Dev Team is pretty simple and easy-to-use with a single of “Jailbreak” button to start the process.

Absinthe A5 Jailbreak Tool

But however, many jailbreakers still found some issues including photos in camera roll being disappeared to nowhere. Once jailbroken, users will see their camera roll is empty with no photos there. How to fix it?

PlanetBeing has just tweeted a simple fix how to restore all photos missing from jailbroken iPhone 4S / iPad 2 Camera Roll.

Camera Roll will be empty if the jailbreak is incomplete. Rerun the app once to fix, and then another time to complete the jailbreak.

As stated, this issue is caused by incomplete jailbreak. No complex procedure is needed to get rid of this issue. Simply connect your iPhone 4s / iPad 2 then run Absinthe A5 again. Once done, re-run Absinthe A5 again to complete the jailbreak. Or shortly, you’ll need to rerun the app twice. Once to fix empty camera roll error and the other to complete jailbreak procedure successfully. That’s it.

When you read this article I’m sure you already have Absinthe downloaded and your iPhone 4S / iPad 2 is already jailbroken untethered. If not, simply go here to download Absinthe A5 and go here to jailbreak your iPhone 4S / iPad 2 untethered using Absinthe.

Thanks for reading articles on PressByte.com. You can get updates quicker via email. Subscribe freely below.

12 Responses

1. rickwookieJanuary 21, 2012 at 12:37 pmReply

Nice idea, but I get “ERROR: Device already jailbroken! Detected stash” when I try to run Absinthe a second time.

:-(

• SarekJanuary 23, 2012 at 7:53 amReply

I have the same problem as you! And it doesnt work with just restarting the device :( Pleas help

2. shooda_godda_MacJanuary 21, 2012 at 7:32 pmReply

The problem is I have no camera roll photos and haven’t been successful with the jailbreak itself. It errors every single time I try to install it. Any ideas on how to get my photos back after having unsuccessful installs?

3. DeanJanuary 22, 2012 at 1:55 amReply

CAMERAROLL FIX, this is what I did, downloading swapcameraroll from cydia may not be necessary.
    I downloaded the cydia app “swapcameraroll” from modmyi source, it will install an icon on your homescreen, I clicked on it several times but it did not fix the issue right away. I then did a hard reset, Held the power button and home button until the phone restarted, DO NOT SLIDE TO POWER OFF, after that my phone started back up and my pictures and videos were all back in my cameraroll.

Good luck

• CCJanuary 22, 2012 at 4:06 amReply

Thanks a lot Dean!!

It really work!! No need to install “swapcameraroll”.

Just hold the power button and home button until the phone restarted, the photo were all back to the cameraroll!!!

Thanks a gain! Good luck to others!!

• RMJanuary 22, 2012 at 11:56 pmReply

Worked for me too! Thanks Dean!

• Ipad2January 24, 2012 at 11:52 pmReply

I have an iPad 2 but it didn’t work for me :( swapcameraroll doesn’t open up and the hard reset doesn’t do anything either :(( pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help

4. RPJanuary 26, 2012 at 11:55 pmReply

Hard Reset worked for me. All the photos came back.

5. PonderousJanuary 27, 2012 at 6:22 pmReply

I’m wondering if it isn’t absinthe, but rather a tweak or app installed via Cydia. I didn’t notice my pics were all missing until after I had installed and uninstalled Winterboard and Dreamboard. Trying to avoid a restore to factory because it takes so damn long.

Thanks.

6. EmmaJanuary 30, 2012 at 12:46 amReply

I yesterday jailbroke my iPhone 4S and then transferred about 100 of pictures via iTunes.
    I then shot like 50 pictures same evening and then shut off my iPhone 4S befor bedtime.
    However, when I turned on my iPhone this morning, my three camera rolls dissapeared
    and I now have one single Camera Roll that only contains 20 pictures from before I jailbroke my iPhone….
    Please help me. Can I restore my pictures from yesterday evening? Hope it is possible through for example iExplorer?
    Thanks in advance

7. iphone 4SMarch 4, 2012 at 5:22 amReply

dean if i have my new iphone4S and i jailbreak with no photos(i mean no pictures in camera roll) then after capturing photos through camara in iphone is there will be no disappering of photos……then?

8. SimranJuly 5, 2012 at 11:57 amReply

well I tried to jailbreak my phone yesterday but it stopped at the end and wouldn’t keep loading so I unplugged my phone and then all of my photos were gone and they won’t come back and the pictures aren’t saved to my computer. please, please is there a way to get them back, i hate JAILBREAK, DONT TRY IT