Download Android 4.0.3 ICS For Nexus S

Google Nexus S Android 4.0.3 ICS

Update / Install Your Nexus S with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS – Finally, for you who still have Google Nexus S on hands, here’s a great catch as Google has just made Android 4.0 ICS available for download.

This is not a leaked build but it is for real an official update from Google.

Google’s Android ICS is the latest version of Google’s mobile OS made compatible with all devices including smartphones, Tablet PC(s), and even an Internet TV.

Google Nexus S Android 4.0.3 ICS

However, if you really (I think must) want to have it on your Nexus S, so here’s a short steps on how to flash Android 4.0.3 update.zip on your Nexus S.

Install Android 4.0.3 ICS on Nexus S

1- Download its official Android 4.0.3 update file (link below)

2- Rename that file to “update.zip”

3- Copy update.zip to your Nexus S root directory via USB

4- Turn your Nexus S OFF

5- Power it ON while holding down the Volume Up button, followed by the Power button.

6- Use volume keys to move around and use power button to select “RECOVERY” option.

7- Ignore what your phone says and hold down power button and volume up button next.

8- Once you you are in recovery menu, select “update from SD Card”

9- Now select “update.zip” and hold power button to confirm

10- Simply wait till it’s fully flashed.

11- Once done, reboot your phone and….

Voilaa.. your Nexus S is now running Android 4.0.3 ICS. And here’s the download link..

Download Android 4.0.3 ICS (Direct Link)

Download Android 4.0.3 ICS (Mirror Link)

Thanks for reading articles on PressByte.com. You can get updates quicker via email. Subscribe freely below.

7 Responses

1. B2GraphiXDecember 17, 2011 at 2:06 pmReply

Excellant !! :D

2. Richard HeijneDecember 17, 2011 at 6:53 pmReply

I flashed it! And its working fine! Thanks a lot!!!!

3. VilenDecember 17, 2011 at 8:04 pmReply

my nexus s wifi doesn’t work please help!!

4. Richard HeijneDecember 17, 2011 at 8:46 pmReply

it worked but now my phone got bricked!!! help me! please! It start and then i can’t do anything only call emergency calls. And when i reboot and wan,t into recovery it doesn’t work only black screen!!

5. PedrpDecember 18, 2011 at 12:44 amReply

I did on my Nexus S unlocked and now I’ll be enjoying ICS for the holidays and 2012! Thanks.

P.S.: it’s so much better then gingerbread, no offense.

6. Johan BengtssonMarch 24, 2012 at 1:54 pmReply

Does anyone how to install widgets on this beast? Tap+hold the home screen does NOT bring up a menu to add widgets. I have the Google+ app install, which means there should be a Google+ widget somewhere, that can be activated on one of the home screens.

7. Johan BengtssonMarch 24, 2012 at 2:14 pmReply

Ahh, the answer is… in the Apps screen there is a second tab Widgets – install Widgets the same way you install Apps, buy tap+hold the desired widget. I never noticed it, and I found other (wrong ) instructions on the web.