All-In-One About iOS5 GM Edition – Apple has finally released the Gold Master Edition (GM) of the long-waited mobile operating system, the iOS 5. What are features of iOS 5 GM and where to download it for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch?
First of all, lets start with the key features (change log) iOS 5 GM.
iOS 5 GM Key Features:
- Users can use any Apple ID as long as it is a full email address and not a MobileMe account.
- AV Foundation adds support for video playback via AirPlay
- The NSNetService class and CFNetService APIs do no include P2P interfaces by default.
- In the iOS 5 development tools, it is possible to extract APIs used by an application and have them checked for use of private APIs
- Apple TV Software beta is being provided to test the latest AirPlay functionality with your iOS 5 apps and web sites.
- Automatic Reference Counting: In Xcode, if the configuration is set to Device and there is a space in the path of one of the source files.
- On applications linked against the iOS 5 SDK, scroll view content offsets will no longer be rounded to integral pixels during a pinch gesture
- Match data for turn-based matches is limited to 4 KB on GameKIT
- Backups made via iCloud Backup prior to September 22nd are no longer available
- In the iCloud key-value store, the maximum number of keys has been raised to 256
- The setSortDescriptors: method of NSMetadataQuery is not supported
- In iOS 5, files that are protected via Data Protection cannot be used with iCloud Storage APIs
- The version of iTunes that comes with the GM release cannot sync devices that have the beta 7 software installed.
- Music Player app crashes issue has been fixed
- The signing of certificates with MD5 signatures is not supported.
- Push and local notifications for apps appear in the new Notification Center in iOS 5.
- Some UI Automation enhancements
- The WebKit framework has been updated to a version which closely matches the engine used by Safari 5.1 on the Desktop
- Wireless syncing is triggered automatically when the device is connected to power and on the same network as the paired computer.
iOS 55 GM .IPSW Download Links and Availability
Apple iOS 5 GM firmware is available for iPhone 4 GSM / CDMA, iPad 2 GSM / CDMA / Wifi, iPad 1, and iPod Touch 4G. Here there are several mirror download links of iOS 5 GM hosted at Megaupload, Hotfile, Depositfiles via Multiupload links. P.S, each file is in .DMG. To get its IPSW, simply grab iOS 5 GM .DMG file then extract / convert to .IPSW.
ios_5_gm_seed__iphone_4_gsm__9a334.dmg (774.61 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__iphone_4_cdma__9a334.dmg (782.13 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__iphone_3gs__9a334.dmg (668.96 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__ipad_2_wifi__3g_gsm__9a334.dmg (716.31 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__ipad_2_wifi__3g_cdma__9a334.dmg (721.59 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__ipad_2__9a334.dmg (707.41 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__ipad__9a334.dmg (700.51 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__ipod_touch_4th_generation__9a334.dmg (761.86 MB)
ios_5_gm_seed__ipod_touch_3rd_generation__9a334.dmg (637.48 MB)
iOS 5 GM Jailbreak
Luckily, not too long after its release it has already had a jailbreak tool capable to do tethered jailbreak, the RedSn0w v0.9.9b3 which is available for both Mac OS X and Windows. However, this will not jailbreak iOS 5 GM on iPad 2, so meanwhile do not try it.
RedSnow 0.9.9b3 will auto-detect iOS5 GM firmware. Remember, the iOS 5 GM jailbreak is still tethered except for iPhone 3Gs (old bootrom) users which can jailbreak iOS 5 GM untethered. Download RedSn0w v0.9.9 beta 3 from the link below: