Update Motorola Flipside to Android 2.2 Froyo – Motorola has released new update for Flipside users. Moto Flipside was initially released running Android 2.1 Eclair. Now its users have to be so happy as they can upgrade it to Android 2.2 Froyo.
Once this Android 2.2 firmware update build 2.159.17 SW is installed, you’ll notice following changes:
- Adobe flash player support.
- Pre-loaded Google Books.
- USB Tethering.
- Updated Gallery UI.
- Resizable widgets.
- Multiselection of emails.
- Addition of Dialer search.
- 3 customizable sets of homescreens.
- Apps can now be stored on microSD card.
- Improved Calendar, Photo, Date and Time, Weather widgets.
- Global Address Lookup, address history lookup, and Push ActiveSync.
- Addition of Sticky Note widget to save a quick note on your home screen.
- A set of preinstalled apps – Task Manager, Files, Latitude, Places.
- Addition of new security features – Exchange based encryption, and password security.
- Enhanced performance for faster users interface, app operation, web browsing.
- LinkedIn accounts can now be added to integrate and sync with contacts, messaging and social networking updates.
- The new Contact quick tasks widget lets users put a picture of a contact on homescreen and assign quick actions for that contact.
Download and Upgrade Froyo on Flipside
Step 1. Download update .zip file
Step 2. Connect Flipside to PC/laptop
Step 3. Copy the .zip file on the root of your phone’s SD card
Step 4. Unplug the phone from computer.
Step 5. On your phone navigate to Menu >> Settings >> select About Phone >> tap on System Upgrades >> select Copy >> Stay for a couple of minutes and Select Install Now >> Automatic Power-off >> now you should see the installation progress.
Step 6. Sit tight and wait until installation process gets completed.
That is it. Finally you better reboot your Flipside phone.
File Name : Blur_Version.2.159.17.MB508.ATT.en.US.zip
Download via official direct link: