Root Motorola Photon 4G – Finally, this Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 based Android 2.3 phone is now rooted even without a help of its HD Dock. A member of XDA forum has just compiled a special root tool for Photon 4G namely Photon Torpedo.
How to Root Photon 4G
- Download Photon Torpedo (.tar)
- Transfer photon-torpedo.tar into /data/tmp
- Install Superuser from the Market
- Install Android Terminal Emulator from the Market
- Run Android Terminal Emulator
- Run cd /data/tmp
- Run /bin/tar xf /data/tmp/photon-torpedo.tar
- Run /data/tmp/photon-torpedo.sh
- Run /data/tmp/install-su.sh
For more information, questions, and support regarding this tech hack guide simply head to official xda thread here [link].
About Motorola Photon 4G
Coming via Sprint, is an awesome 4G-capable Android 2.3 phone. Specs wise, the handset sports Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 AP20H chipset, and 8MP camera.
Download Torpedo Root Tool
File Name : photon-torpedo.tar
File Size : 70 KB