Root Samsung Galaxy Gio Gingerbread OS – Gio S5660 is one of affordable touchscreen phone on Samsung Galaxy series. Basically it comes with Android 2.2 Froyo stock but if you’ve just updated it to Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3 OS), and want to root it, so here it is a nice short guide on how to root Galaxy Gio.
However if you are still running 2.2 Froyo then you can simply make use of SuperOneClick tool to root the phone while Android 2.3.3 users need to follow this guide:
1. Download needed file and rename it to update.zip
2. Copy ZIP file to your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Switch ON your device in the recovery Mode
Hold the Middle button while pressing the Power ON button.
5. Select update from SD Card option.
6. You will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
7. Wait a few minutes
8. And…..walla!! Your Galaxy Gio is now rooted
Download Gio-233-root.zip (924.7 KB)