Android SMS Backup & Restore (Free App) – The fisrt thing before you hack, root, and install custom ROM on your Android-based phone, is to backup everything important including your SMS and Messages. But how to backup and restore SMS messages on an Android OS? Using Android SMS Backup & Restore app will be the easiest way. SMS Backup & Restore is a free Android app which lets you backup and restore SMS messages on devices. The backup location is stored in /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore folder. And here it is a step-by-step guide how to backup and restore SMS on Android powered smartphone, after jump below.
9 Steps to Backup & Restore SMS on Android OS
1. Launch the Android Market on your Android handset.
2. Go to [Search] icon and type SMS Backup and Restore in the search box and hit the [Search] button.
3. Look for SMS Backup & Restore app in search results, select it and install it.
4. When the installation finished, run the SMS Backup & Restore app.
5. Tap [Backup SMS Messages] button, type file name and Tap [OK] button.
6. Now the SMS Backup process will be started.
7. To restore your messages on Android phone, run the SMS Backup & Restore app again.
8. Tap Restore SMS Messages button, choose a SMS backup file that you want to restore and tap [OK] button.
9. When the process finished, you will have Android phone with all your restored messages.