How to Cook Custom WP7 ROM with WP7 ROM Manual Kitchen Tool – Finally, it is not just Android OS which has tool to cook or bake custom ROM. The Windows Phone 7 (WP7 OS) also now has a tool to cook Custom WP7 ROM. And this tool is named as WP7 ROM Manual Kitchen. Using this simple tool, you can cook your own Custom ROM for your WP7-powered phone. Yup, it means now you can be a WP7 ROM Chef.
So, how to cook your Custom WP7 ROM using WP7 ROM Manual Kitchen? Luckily, the developer of this Manual Kitchen has also posted a short guide how to be a WP7 ROM Chef. Here what we can quoted for you..
1. Extract part04.bin from Data.zip of any flashable MAGLDR WP7 ROM for HTC HD2
2. Rename part04.bin to part04.nb and put it in the “1.ROM Image Editor” folder
3. Run “htcRIE.exe” & Select part04.nb
4. Select IMGFS in the Left Column, then click on any item in the right column & press “Ctrl+A” to slect All.
5. Now press the “Save Selectd Files” button on the top bar & save the files to the “3.IMGFS from Dump\dump” folder
5a. Again, Select IMGFS in the Left Column and press the “Save Selectd Files” button on the top bar & save the “imgfs.bin” file to the “3.IMGFS from Dump” folder
6. Once saved, goto “3.IMGFS from Dump\dump” & copy the “default.hv” & “user.hv” to the “2.HV Editor” folder
7. Now drag and drop “default.hv” & “user.hv” on “HVEdit.exe”
8. Delete “3.IMGFS from Dump\dump\default.hv” & “3.IMGFS from Dump\dump\user.hv” files
9. Two files will be creatd “default.hvm” & “user.hvm” respectively. Edit them as per your requirement to make Registry changes.
10. Once editing is done, again drag & drop the “default.hvm” and “user.hvm” onto the “HVEdit.exe”
11. Now “default.hv” & “user.hv” will be recreated. Cut & Paste them into “3.IMGFS from Dump\dump” folder & replace the old files.
12. Now run “start.bat” in the “3.IMGFS from Dump” folder
13. Cut and paste the imgfs-out.bin into the “1.ROM Image Editor” folder
14. Make a copy of part04.nb in the same folder & rename it to part04.bin
15. Run the “build.bat” in this folder
16. Now replace the part04.bin file in the “data.zip” with this new creatd part04.bin
17. Flash MAGLDR Rom as you normally would.