Root Xperia X10 Mini Pro and Install xRecovery and JIT – A member of XDA Forum, quangnhut123, has just unveiled a nice tutorial on how to root Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 then install xRecovery and enable JIT. But the tutorial is limited to Xperia X10 Mini pro upgraded to 2.1.1.A.0.6.
The root process is achieved using SuperOneClick root tool. Once your SE XPeria X10 Mini Pro is rooted, you can continue to install xRecovery image and enable JIT. Here it is we quoted shortly:
Root SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro
1- Download SupeOneClick root app from here >> unzip/extract >> save it on your desktop.
2- Enable USB Debugging on XPeria Mini Pro.
3- Now connect Xperia Mini pro to computer then launch SuperOneClick tool.
4- Click on [root] and wait for the process to complete.
5- Once the process is completed, reboot your device.
Install xRecovery On Xperia X10 Mini Pro
1- Download xRecovery package to computer.
2- Connect your phone to computer and extract the xRecovery zip file contents to SD Card card root.
3- Download Root Explorer from the market and follow onscreen app instructions to remount /system rw.
4- Once system remount is done >> copy the content of package on SD card root into /Syster/ bin folder.
5- Finally CMmod 777 for the 3 files you copied.
How to Reboot into Recovery?
Once xRecovery installed on XPeria Mini X10, simply reboot your device and then press the back button few times after SonyEricsson logo appears. Once you are in xRecovery on your Xperia X10 Mini Pro, use volume up and down keys to scroll up / down and use Home key to select options.
How to Enable JIT on Rooted XPeria X10?
- Download the JIT package file
– Go to market place and find app “Terminal Emulator” download and install it.
– Extract and copy to sdcard
– Use root explorer to remount /system rw
– Copy dalvikvm,dexopt,logcat in sdcard to /system/bin/
– CHMOD 755 for 3 files copied!
– Copy libdvm.so, libnativehelper.so, libcutils.so, libdl.so , liblog.so, libm.so, libz.so in sdcard to /system/lib/
– CHMOD 644 for 7 files copied
– Copy build.prop in sdcard to /system/
(You can use your build.prob file)
– Chmod 666 for build.prop
– Go to /data/dalvik-cache/ and remove all file in it or use command rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/* or we can use xRecovery and choose Advanced Options > Wipe dalvik cached
– Reboot your phone and enjoy
– To check it work or not run Terminal Emulator and type dalvikvm -k if you see “Configured with: debugger profiler jit show_exception=1. It’s mean JIT has been working.
The JIT installation is a little bit tricky. So if you have any problems occur, simply head to XDA forum at this thread to consult and discuss more about this.