How to Install Android App .APK Files on Nook Color 3.0 Honeycomb – Previously we’ve mentioned download link of Android 3.0 Honeycomb for Nook Color. So for you who have already run Android 3.0 on your Nook tablet, so here it is another short guide on how to install .apk files (Android app) on your Nook Android 3.0.
For other Android version and devices, you can read also: how to install non-market Android App .APK Files.
So lets start with the tutorial..
1. Grant your Nook Color ADB access after porting Android 3.0 honeycomb [How to? Read here].
2. Make sure that your Android-SDK folder is located at C:\android-sdk.
3. Download and place the APK app file you want to install on your computer.
4. Now start >> Run >> CMD >> [OK]. Command prompt window will be opened
5. Now Type the following commands to access Android-SDK through Windows CMD.
6. Now you’ll be in Android SDK’s tools folder.
7. Then type following:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system
adb push (APK You Want To Install) /system/app
Change (APK You Want To Install) with the file name of the APK you want to install.
8. Once done, type:
One thing for sure to try this tutorial, proceed with caution and do with your own risk. In case everything goes wrong, you can read and join the discussion on this via XDA Forum thread here.