Download Z4root App .apk File to Root LG Optimus 2X in Single Click – Z4root (zaroot) is a free one-click root tool to root Android OS. For you owners of LG Optimus 2X phone, Z4root is a perfect app to help you root Android 2.2 OS running on your Optimus 2X (fyi: Android 2.3 for LG Optimus 2X is expected becomes available on February 2011).
About LG Optimus 2X:
The LG Optimus 2X is the first smartphone to feature a dual-core processor, clocked at 1 GHz APU by Nvidia. Has a 4 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours at 480 x 800 pixels. It is capable of recording 1080p HD video capture and playback, a HDMI port and an 8 megapixel camera.
How to Root LG Optimus 2X Using Z4Root
1. Download Z4root app (link below) >> extract the .apk from zip and save it in your Computer.
2. Now connect Optimus 2X phone to computer >> mount USB as flash drive >> copy z4root.apk to SD Card root.
3. Launch Android Market on your phone and download Astro File Manager.
4. Launch Astro File Manager >> follow onscreen instructions to install Z4root app on your phone.
5. Once the installation is complete, run Z4root app >> tap temporary root / permanent root tab according to your choice.
6. Then simply wait for it to complete and reboot your phone.
7. After rebooting, then check your home screen to see presence of superuser etc.
You can also download root checker app for Android to see if your rooting experiment was successful or not.
Once your Optimus 2X phone is rooted, you are free to hack away bloatware, mod outlook, produce kernels etc. That’s the advantage of rooting an Android phone. Here it is the download link of files you’ll need for:
Download Root Checker App
Download Z4Root App (.apk in Zip package)