Rooting your Huawei Ideos U8150 is basically easy if you knew the way. Ideos U8150 is a mid-range spec’d phone powered with Qualcomm MSM7225 ARM11 processor clocked at 528MHz to run Google Android 2.2 Froyo OS on its 2.8 inches TFT 240 x 320 pixels touchscreen display. While this phone is not so common, many still wondering how to gain root access on it. This guide is posted with great expectation to help owners of Ideos U8150 phone so they can install any root-only apps.
- Ensure your phone’s battery has at least 80% remaining power
- You may also need to create backup file
- Do with your own risks.
- Download Astro File Manager app here.
- Download Z4Root tool here.
- Place the Z4Root APK file on the Desktop of your PC.
How To Root
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable
- Transfer the Z4Root APK to the root folder of your smartphone’s SD card
- Unplug your phone from PC after the file has been transferred
- Open / launch up Astro File Manager app on your phone
- Look for the Z4Root APK file in the File Manager and tap on it.
- The installation process should begin.
- After the app is installed, open it from the Main Menu.
- Click the Rootbutton in the app
- Wait till this app roots your phone
- That’s it. Once done your phone should be rooted already
That’s all. You can now then install any root-only but compatible apps from Google Play Store (as well as third-party sources). Do not forget to thanks the developer and if you need more queries, visiting this forum thread may add some knowledge regarding this topic.