the iOS 6 is considerably new but it is already jailbroken even still tethered on A4 devices. But we believe it doesn’t stop there. Today, we gonna show you how to change Apple’s default boot logo to something you want like your girlfriend’s pic, Android logo, Windows logo, etc. You may read similar topic but for older version of iOS 6 but this one is only for iOS 6.
p.s: Till the time this article is posted, only A4 devices (iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4G) which are capable for tethered jailbreak.
- Make sure your iDevice has at least 75% battery power
- Make sure your iDevice is jailbroken already [How to]
- Download RedSn0w v0.9.15b1 or v0.9.15b2 [Mac|Windows].
- You may also need to create backup first for “just in case” matters
Creating Custom Logo To Use
- Pick your favorite image editor app (Photoshop is preferred)
- Create new file/project with following specs:
Size for iPhone 4 / iPod Touch 4G: 640px by 960px
Size for iPhone 3GS: 320px by 480px
- You can create new artwork or just crop from downloaded image
- Save that file with .png format.
How To Install Custom Boot Logo
- Launch RedSn0w up
- Click the [Extras] button
- On the next screen, click Even More, then Preferences.
- At the Preferences menu, you should see the Boot Logo button.
- Click it and browse for the boot logo you’ve created
- Then click Open.
- Click the button twice and you should be back at the Extras menu
- Click the Just Boot button
- Then follow the DFU mode instructions
- And when your device reboots,..
you should be able to see your custom boot logo appear. Congratulation..