Custom Recovery app is really a must-have for every rooted Android devices as it provides more advanced features than stock recovery. And that statement includes HTC Evo 4G LTE. That high-end Android phone has recently got root treatment so you guys the owners of this phone can now gain root access then install custom recovery on it. In this page, you’ll see a nice simple steps to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (aka CWM) on the HTC’s flagship phone.
Preparation Before Flashing CWM
- Obviously you need to root your phone at first
- Make sure your phone’s bootloader is unlocked [link].
- Ensure your phone has at least 80% battery power
- You may also need to create backup for “just in case” matters
- Download Fastboot here
- Extract Fastboot .zip file, you’ll get: adb.exe and fastboot.exe
- Download CWM Image file attached here.
- Rename that CWM file to “recovery.img”
How To Install CWM
- Turn your phone OFF using the Power button.
- Press and hold Volume DOWN + Power buttons together
- You should enter bootloader mode
- From the bootloader menu, select the Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC using its USB cable.
- Open a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC.
To do that, simply press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
- Type this command and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Sit tight and wait till CWM Recovery image been flashed
- After it’s done, reboot your device by issuing this command:
- Once it reboots, you’ll have CWM recovery installed.
The steps above is not so complicated but if you really need more queries, simply hit this page and you can also join the discussion there.