Have you ever try to root Galaxy S Advance (I9070) using SuperOneClick tool? I bet it didn’t work. Unlike its brothers “Galaxy S, S2 and S3″ the stripped down Galaxy S variant need a little bit more effort to get root access on it. However it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy its full speed processor, decent RAM amount, and of course its nice Samsung UI. Anyway, if you insist to gain root access in it, try following steps carefully.
Preparation To Root
1- Make sure your phone has at least 75% remaining battery power
2- Make a full backup of your phone before proceed
3- Proceed with caution as we hold no responsibility
4- Download needed Root Package file here
5- Download appropriate kernel file according your phone type
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package archive to your Desktop.
3. From the files you extracted, double-click the Odin3 v1.83.exe file.
4. Enable USB debugging on your smartphone from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Enable Mock Locations on your smartphone from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>Allow Mock Locations.
6. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power button.
7. Reboot your smartphone into the Download mode. To do so, while your smartphone is turned OFF, press and hold Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Connect your smartphone to the PC using the USB cable.
9. Odin should show your device as connected in its main interface.
10. Click on the PIT tab in the Odin and choose the GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit which you extracted from the Root Package.
11. Now, click on the PDA tab and choose the rootkernel.tar.md5 file.
12. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin, leave rest as unchecked.
13. Hit the Start button and it should begin rooting your device.
14. After the rooting is finished, your device should reboot.
15. Turn OFF your device.
16. Once again, put your device into the Download mode. Just press and hold Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together and your device should boot up into the Download mode.
17. Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable.
18. Open up the Odin Tool on your PC by double-clicking the Odin3 v1.83.exe file, it’s the file you extracted from the Root Package.
19. Click on the PIT tab in the Odin and choose the GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit to be flashed on your device. This file should exist where you extracted the contents of the Root Package.
20. Click the PDA tab and choose the Original Kernel file you downloaded earlier. It should match up with your device’s firmware.
21. Check-mark the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes in the Odin and leave rest of the options as unchecked.
22. Start the process by hitting the Start button.
23. Your device should reboot after the Odin has finished its work.
That’s it. Once rooted, you should now be able to install any root-only app to your phone. Have more questions or need more queries? Do not hesitate to visit the discussion page regarding this topic here.