If you have updated your Acer Iconia A500 Tablet to ICS, then it must have broken the root access on your device. If you have been using a rooted device for quite some time, then you probably won’t like to keep your tablet unrooted for a long time. So for you, here we have a guide on how you can root your Iconia A500 Tablet.
1. You must be running on the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.
2. Make sure that your device is fully charged. It is to avoid any interruptions during the process.
3. Download needed Root package file [link]
The “How To” Steps
1. Download and place the Root Package onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package ZIP archive to your Desktop.
3. Get your hands on your tablet and head to:
Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, turn it ON
4. Connect your tablet to the PC using the USB cable.
5. You are all set to root your device, following are the machine-specific steps
a) If you are running a Windows based PC, double-click the runit-win.bat file and it should root your device.
b) If you are running a Linux based PC, double-click the runit-linux.sh file and the rooting will begin.
6. After executing the batch files, you will have root access on your device.
7. Download the Superuser App from the Play Store [link] for the root access management.