Microsoft has managed to release Office Suite 2013 edition which contains whole new versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and so on. Obviously along with a bunch of bugs fixed and performance enhancements, there are also various brand new features are equipped within this release. One of those awesome features is deep integration to Microsoft’s new cloud storage service “SkyDrive”. If you’ve downloaded, installed and tried one of Office 2013 apps like Microsoft Word you’ll notice that each time you tried to save your work (Ctrl + S).
The old version of Office usually opens a dialog box asking to which location the file will be saved and decide what its name. But Office 2013 will open up a page asking you whether to save your document to a local storage or online storage which in this case is SkyDrive.
For some users it may be so useful but in the other hands it could be useless especially for a computer with no Internet connection at all.
Want to disable it? Luckily, that feature may come as default setting but a user can simply disable / deactivate it following these steps..
1. Open Office Word 2013 then click on the File button to open Office 2013 backdrop.
2. Now click “Option” on the left sidebar.
3. Now you’ll see “Word Options” window appears.
4. Click the “Save” option in the left panel
5. Now check mark the “Don’t always show the backstage when opening or saving files” option
6. Then remove the check mark on “Always show Sign in to SkyDrive location during save” option
7. Also check mark the “Save to computer by default” option.
8. Once done, hit the [OK] button
That’s all and enjoy your work as usual.