Do you have a blog / website hosted at BlueHost.com? You may ever be faced with error stating that your script cannot be run because it needs IonCube loader to be installed. How to fix that? Recently I contacted Bluehost support teams and they told me that the solution is easy. Curious?
About IonCube, in a glance..
A PHP extension called the ionCube Loader handles the reading and execution of encoded files at run time. The encoding products were subsequently ported to FreeBSD, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X, and the range of products expanded to offer additional features such as product licensing and encryption of non-PHP files.
How To Enable IonCube Loader Extension in cPanel
1. Login to your control panel
2. Click on the “PHP Config” icon
3. Select what version of PHP you want to use.
Typically, “PHP 5.2 (Single php.ini)” OR “PHP 5.3 (Single php.ini)” is the best choice.
4. Check the box for “IonCube” under “Additional extensions available for Installation”
5. Click the “SAVE CHANGES” button at the bottom of the page.
That’s all. Pretty easy solution.