Samsung Galaxy S III (SGS3) is considered as a high-end Android smartphone with very impressive specifications under the hood. Alongside with its Quadcore mobile processor, there are also decent RAM, GPU and high megapixels camera to shot HD videos as well as high quality photos. But it seems those specs didn’t make XDA member “HyperX” satisfied. Then he created a third-party camera mod making defaulkt stock SGS3 camera capable to record 30Mbit/192kbit videos.
With this mod installed, it means you can capture full HD 1080p video at 30Mbit. Besides, it also comes featured with awesome capabilities including:
- Refocus + focus-LOCK press “menu”.
- Volume Up: refocus + Shot Photo
- Volume down to direct shot without refocusing.
- Complete SILENCE camera except “volume down” fast mode
SGS3 users can also shoot instantly so many photos (3-4 pics/sec) as you want by pressing the key very fast.
As long as your phone is rooted (read how to root), installing this camera mod is theoretically easy. Its developer has created two installation methods: via its .apk installer or by using flash-able .zip file from recovery.
New in 1.35
- new feature: during video now you can take photos by pressing the capacitive menu button.
- New “SamsungCamera.apk” based on the newest firmware “XXALF2″
- CWM Flash file added ! you can easily flash the file with CWM recovery