Talking about Recovery, there is another well-known Recovery than CWM. Yup it is Team Win Recovery Project (aka TWRP) which is a touch-based custom Recovery allowing you to navigate around by tapping your screen – not again using that painful volume up/down button. Featuring a bunch of serious super cool features like XML-based GUI, the TWRP v2.1.7 is now available for AT&T and Rogers One X.
Moreover, TWRP also features a brand new scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup.
Probably few of you were thinking that it’s just a custom recovery that’s similar with any other recovery such CWM. But wait,.. you should thanks to TeamWin team has started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of their own awesome features.
And if you’ve decided to switch from CWM to TWRP, make sure you make a full new backup once TWRP is flashed. Why? That’s because a NANDROID backup created by CWM is not compatible / restore-able via TWRP.
- Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
- XML-based GUI that allows full true theming customization
- Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
- Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
- Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz
- Now with multi-core processor support for faster compression times
You can download TWRP v2.1.7 from its official download page here. Once there, simply click on “Please Select Your Device” button then hit your phone’s model (in this case HTC One X).